Course Offered: B.Ed. (Bachelor of Education)
Eligibility and Admission Procedures:
- A Citizen of India who has passed any Bachelor’s degree examination of Tumkur University or any University in India or abroad recognized as equivalent through 10+2+3/4/5 pattern of education who has obtained 50% of marks in aggregate of all the subjects he/she has studied for degree is eligible for admission to B.Ed. programme.
- The candidate with 50% aggregate in the Degree or Master’s Degree is eligible for B. Ed. programme.
- In case of SC/ST, Category -1 and physically challenged student s 45% aggregate in the Degree or Master’s Degree is eligible for B.Ed programme.
- A candidate for the admission to Bachelor of Education (B. Ed.) must fulfill the eligibility criteria as per the directives of Govt. of Karnataka from time to time.
Candidates shall have studied any one of the languages and two of the three electives specified below. Candidate should have studied two of the three electives for all the three years at degree or graduation level.
Candidates must have passed in University Exams for all the three years and at the time of admission to B.Ed., shall compulsorily produce three years degree marks cards issued by the University.
Documents for Admission:
Following Documents to be produced for Scrutiny:
- Admit Card
- Transfer Certificate from College last attended
- Course and Conduct Certificate from the Head of the Institution
- Original Mark list
- Migration Certificate (in the case of applicants coming from other Board / Universities)
- Equivalency Certificate (in the case of applicants coming from other Universities)
- Passport size photos – 4 copies
- Attested true copies of certificates (02 Nos.)
Other Certificates (If Applicable):
- Income Certificate of Parents – original and one attested copy
- NCC Certificate:Signed by the Director and issued by the Directorate of NCC
- NSS Certificate:Signed by the respective authority
- Certificates concerning widows and children of Jawans and Ex-service men and Border Security Force personnel killed or disabled in an action
- President’s badges in Scouts and Guides, outstanding records in sports and games at the district, state or university levels.
- Fees once paid will not be refunded.
- Candidates admitted to Self-financing programmes are required to pay fees for all semesters.
- Original Certificates submitted at the time of admission will be returned only after completion of the admission Process. Students are, therefore, directed to maintain at least 10 attested copies of the same before submitting the originals for admission.
- Request for certificate from college should be made at least one week prior to requirement.
- Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and other eligible communities have to produce the Community and Conversion Certificates from the authorities concerned, at the time of admission to avail fee concession and other financial aids from the Government.
- Other Backward and Forward Community students should also produce Community and Income Certificates to get the benefit of fee concession.