Tumkur University’s, Sree Siddaganga College of Education has a dedicated placement cell to cater to the events and activities pertaining to placements. Being a front runner in the field of imparting professional management education in this part of the country, SSCE also boasts an excellent track record of placements. And the students graduating from this professionally driven Institute are today serving with great companies and at high management positions. Professionals from various industries visit the Institute and interact with students on a regular basis and guide them in accordance with the institution norms and standards.
- To develop confidence towards Teaching Profession
- To acquaint with the communicative skills and competencies to an effective classroom teacher
- To prepare the student-teachers to face interviews confidently
- To develop ICT skills among student-teachers for its better usage in the teaching-learning process
- To develop an awareness of different job opportunities in educational field
- To reduce the inferiority complex in using English language
- To work with different NGO’s to increase the job opportunities for our student-teachers
Placement cell of the institution has the following members as the office bearers:
Dr. Jagadeesh Kumar
Dr. Jyothi B Panth
Sri P Shambulingaswamy
- Webinar on ‘Effective Tips to Crack Interviews’ was organized for the 4th Semester student-teachers on 28th May 2020, in collaboration with the organization Bliss- Equip Yourself, Chennai. Mr. Gaffar Shariff, Senior Trainer, Bliss-Equip yourself, was the Resource Person.
- A National Level Webinar on the ‘Use of Google Classroom’ was organized on 13th June 2020, for the purpose of developing a knowledge and attitude of using Google Classroom as a tool to interact with the students during Pandemic situation, and ours was the first B.Ed. Institution to conduct Webinar in Tumkur University. Dr.Jyothi.B.Panth, Assistant Professor, SSCE was the Resource Person. More than 500 Participants from throughout the nation as well as from Saudi Arabia, Srilanka and Indonesia.
- A one day ‘State Level Orientation Programme on Vidyagama’ was Organised in Collaboration with Tumkur University Teacher Educators Association(Regd.) on 30th June 2021. More than 150 student-teachers and teacher educators from all over the state participated in the Orientation Programme. Sri Govindaraju.L. (Alumni) Assistant Teacher, G.H.P.S., Solur, Ramanagara Dist. Was the Resource person.
- A Two Day Orientation Programme on Online Teaching tools, was conducted on 24th and 25th June 2021 for the 4th Semester student-teachers on Zoom Platform. Dr.Jyothi.B.Panth, Assistant Professor, SSCE, was the Resource Person. She gave a demo on creation of E-Book using Book creator, Concept map using Free mind Software, Use of Jam Board for interaction in the online teaching, Creation of Interactive Videos by using Edpuzzle, and Gamification by using Learningapps.
- On 12th July 2021, a Guest Lecture on ‘Schema in Pedagogy Subjects’ was organized for all the student-teachers on zoom platform, Dr. B.J.Roopashree, Former Principal, SVS College of Education, Tumakuru was the Resource Person.
- A Demo on “The Use of Google Form” was conducted for the student-teachers on 24th July Zoom Platform. Sri. B. G. Chandrashekar, student-teacher, Fourth Semester, SSCE was the Resource Person. He was guided by Dr.Jyothi.B.Panth, Assistant Professor, SSCE.
- A job opportunity was created for the students with master’s degree by the institution in collaboration with Government Relations and Partnerships Lead, Caring with Colour- A Manasi Kirloskar Initiative.
- Kavitha.K.T., student-teacher was selected as a facilitator for Multi-Dimensional Learning Space Program under the project of India Literacy Project, Bangalore.
- Apart from these, advertisements for job announced in newspapers were displayed on the notice board and posted in WhatsApp.